Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

My First Outdoor Wednesday - Windowboxes

I'm trying to do lots of events this week so I can blog about something other than my home construction (though I will keep fitting it in somewhere!) This is my first Outdoor Wednesday, hosted by Susan at www.asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com. I have not had much of an "outdoor" space for the past 7 years since I've been renting, but a girl can dream, so that is what I've been doing. 1. Southern Charm, 2. DSC02789, 3. Coffee Shop, 4. Floral Basket, 5. Tizer Gardens 3, 6. Eat Me, 7. A walk in west London, 8. hillsborough street, 9. Sweet potato, 10. DSCN0252, 11. Flowers Flowers Everywhere, 12. Nasturtium 'Empress of India', 13. Gorgeous glass, 14. DSCF4115, 15. barred2, 16. Windowbox flowers, 17. flowers-7145, 18. Daisies and latenums, 19. Windowbox in Springtime, 20. Flowers in a windowbox, 21. Memories: Spring colours in London...

Over the weekend I was thinking about windowboxes and I went browsing on flickr for some inspiration. People share the most amazing photos. I built a mosaic of my favorites, hopefully I'll do this right so the photos link back.

Today I went by my house and saw that the next door neighbor had kitchen cabinets installed already. I can't see that far into my house because of the sunroom, but I am calling my builder and requesting another tour (it's been 2 weeks, I'm dying here!) I also got a letter scheduling settlement on my new house for March 20th. Just 23 days away, so I really need some more boxes!

By the way, you may have noticed I just did a 5-minute makeover on my blog thanks to the wonderful directions from Susan at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com! She has a really great post today with answers to all sorts of questions. Very helpful! Have a great day!

16 comments:

PAT said...

I love window boxes. These are gorgeous!!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Tracy!

I love window boxes too...and it looks like you found some wonderful ideas of items to put in some!

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

xinex said...

Beautiful window boxes!..Christie

Light and Voices said...

Welcome to OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY! Window boxes are a treasure. Simply divine photos.
Joyce

Kat said...

Really pretty window boxes. I just love them, and have been trying to figure out how to attach some to our 70's brick facade for 20 years! Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday. Kathy

Chandy said...

What a great collage of pretty things!

Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes
http://whatnowtablescapes.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Loved the pics. good luck on getting into your new home. I know the excitement of moving into a new home!!Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy! I love your little makeover! And the window boxes! I love your pictures and hope you'll be able to have some in your new place.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

We're getting ready to do some window boxes soon! I love them. What pretty photos you found!
-Kim

♥ Kathy said...

Beautiful flowers! Happy Outdoor Wednesday ♥

Maryrose said...

I love window boxes. Isn't it a amazing at how much beauty you can put in a small box. Good luck with the new house, I will be checking back. Thanks for sharing, Maryrose

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love window boxes, too! Welcome to OW! I loved seeing your flowers you found for us. They are all so beautiful!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Beth at Aunties said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesdays. Windows boxes are so charming and add a welcoming element to a home. Thank You for sharing these awesome flowers you found.

Beth

Jeanne said...

Your window box collage is gorgeous. Good job. I wouldn't even attempt it. Beautiful.

Hugs...Janne

Kim said...

Hi Tracy,
I love, love, love windowboxes. You have me planning out my flower gardens already!
Kim

deck design said...

Nice makeover! I love window boxes. They are amazing. You did very well with the project. Thanks!
deck design

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...