Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crafty Idea and a Potential Foyer Piece


You ladies are always making me think. Nicole over at nicolestreasurechest.blogspot.com (by the way, if anyone can help me with the link thing, I'd appreciate it!) framed a beautiful monogram on toile scrapbook paper. Now I am thinking I will have to play around with ways to mat my instant ancestors on pretty paper for a display in the new house. Can't wait to play with this idea!



Something else that I was thinking of last night before I fell asleep was Rechelle's (from walnuthavencottage.blogspot.com) idea to use a child's dresser in my foyer. I was thinking it would be great to find an oak one because I love blue transferware with oak furniture, it just seems to "go". Now, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but since I was in bed and all, and this little piece of furniture was 2 inches from my head, I was able to formulate an idea....


So today I took a picture (flash, sorry but the light is poor in my bedroom). This is a very small oak washstand that is part of my bedroom set. I don't actively use it for bedroom storage, it has picture albums and boxes beneath it anyway, so maybe I could repurpose it into the foyer in the new house? With maybe a nice pitcher and bowl on it and the plates hung up around it on the wall? I have a nice matching oak chair with a cane seat that I could set beside it. What do you think?

Here is a close up of the plates. I thought they were pretty and would complement the Blue Willow patterned set I already have for a nice display.


Thank you so much for the ideas, Nicole and Rechelle!

3 comments:

Nicole ~ said...

Thank you for the nice comments, you are so sweet. I think that would look great in your foyer. My grandmother is here looking at this with me, and she likes it too. She has a piece of furniture very similar in her hallway. She has a pitcher on it, and it looks great.

By the way, I was having a difficult time with the link thing too. Click on this link for directions http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41379. Just this morning I figured it out. I went to the very bottom of the dashboard page & there is a help section to look at. I hope the link works for you.

kimmcl said...

Great idea! I LOVE it!

Unnati Aranya Apartments Noida said...

Very nice posting....continue...
unnati aranya noida sector 119
unnati fortune group noida
The aranya
noida unnati
unnati fortune noida
the aranya noida

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...