Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Petite Farmgirl Drysink goes Glam

Once upon a time, a little farmgirl got a makeover:


This tiny drysink is one of several pieces of "primitive pine" I received from my friend Donna, who was cleaning out her garage a couple months ago.  I sat it here in a corner of my sunroom until I came up with a plan.


I wasn't entirely sure what to do with her since she is a little bottom-heavy (well, so am I, but no amount of paint is going to help that), but she had a cute little top half so I thought I'd put the focus on that.


Here she is, all dolled up with 2 pretty paint colors, new chickenwire to replace her screens, and sparkly glass knobs:


Ooooh, shiny.... I like shiny.


Her bottom looks a bit lighter now with the new paintjob. 


She's painted in Glidden's Muslin White and accented with Martha Stewart's Rainwater.  I just bought a sample can of the Martha color, and still have some left over. 


I distressed a little around the edges to make the details stand out.  But I didn't want to dirty her up with glaze or antiquing.  I like her fresh and pretty.




I just found these dishtowels to match at TJ Maxx today.  I need to stay away from there... :)


That is all of her - what do you think? Linking up to Susan at BNOTP for Met Monday!

16 comments:

Mel said...

She is sweet! You did a wonderful job on making her pretty.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

I love Martha Stewart's colors. Rainwater, especially.

Melody said...

How gorgeous! I have walked past the chicken wire at Lowe's so many times, scheming...

Melody
Crafty Butt

Anonymous said...

HI Tracy! Oh, I love your little bottom heavy hutch. Hey, I'm that way too! :) Love your pretty choice of the two colors - looks wonderful. You've dressed her up so prettily too.
Thank you so much Tracy, for your kinds words.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Tracy ~ That came out so pretty!!
I love the colors that you chose ~ I am going to go get that awesome Martha Stewart color ~

xoxo
Lori

Steph said...

Very cute! I like that you put on cute knobs.

L. Penpen said...

Great job!! What a great way to re-do all that "primitive" pine stuff we used to own. :o) It looks so fresh and feminine, now... I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh, Tracy...that is amazing! You are so talented - my Mom would have LOVED what you've done with it- it's not the same piece of furniture. You gave it a second - and FAR prettier-life :-)

Miss Char said...

Love the transformation and the price certainly was right! Your piece looks so fresh and ready to give you a new look for your treasures.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Tracy, I love the transformation! The blue is so pretty! I love the chicken wire, too!

. said...

She is gorgeous!! The color choices are fantastic. And the chicken wire was the perfect addition. :)

driftwoodesign said...

Crisp like a spring morning!
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow...an amazing makeover! I love the paint colors! Happy week!...hugs....Debbie

christini yogini said...

I really like it!!! I agree with you on keeping it clean & fresh looking. Love the glass details, they really lighten things up.

Tammy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the chicken wire. I really like the way you decorated her too. I am your newest follower from Furniture Feature Friday. Hope you can visit me sometime soon.

vikki said...

Wow, that is so pretty. Good job and love the towels too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...