Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Morning at the Antique Market

This morning I took a trip to Renningers Antique Market thinking I would like to find some old skeleton keys and possibly an ornate picture or mirror frame for my bedroom wall.  Today was my lucky day.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with these, I just think they are cool.


I also found this:


The seller wanted $40, which I thought was pretty reasonable, but I had only brought $40 with me and had just spent $10 on keys.  I offered my remaining cash and he took it.  I cleaned it up a little bit, but its filthy and it does have some significant damage on the corners. From the front it's still in really good shape and the beveled mirror is almost too perfect to be old.


And this is the back, which looks pretty darn old to me:


I went looking for it thinking of painting it white and using it in my bedroom, but now I'm thinking it goes in the living room:



I'm still leaning toward painting it white - what do you think?

6 comments:

Tina said...

What a lucky day for you! My daughter found some skeleton keys. She hangs them each on a ribbon with a bow tied at the top. She hangs them all around her house, by a mirror, clock, photos, etc.
The mirror is beautiful..I bet it would look real pretty painted white...good idea!

Mel said...

Score! Those keys are neat and would be great framed with a linen background (or dropcloth).

I think the mirror would look great painted white!

Have a great holiday, happy 4th.

Tracy said...

Hey Tracy, good find on the mirror and keys. The mirror would look good white, but it looks good like it is too. You house is looking so good. Have a happy 4th.
Tracy

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Tracy,
Wow, you did score! I love the frame, you could go either way but I think I would paint it white.
Can't wait to see what you do.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Patti said...

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for visiting me at Pretty Old Houses.
As to your new/old mirror. I think you should play with it a while and see if you two bond as it is or if it needs a white wash. Move it around from room to room and see what tickles your fancy.
Oh yes, I love those keys.

Unnati Aranya Apartments Noida said...

Very nice posting....continue...
unnati fortune aranya
noida aranya
the aranya sector-119 noida
aranya group
unnatifortune aranya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...