Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Frenchy End Tables - Before and Afters

I'm on stay-cation this week from my day job, so I'm working on a few projects.  A couple weeks ago I picked up a set of tables from Craigslist - a coffee table and pair of end tables for $25. I was pretty excited when I saw them and couldn't give the guy my money quick enough.  These are old, beautiful and solid wood, but had a mucky varnish that I used Formby's to take off the top.  Messy, but the results were so worth it. I wanted to finish one entirely so I could do a side-by-side before and after photo.  I thought it would be part of a long post showing the finished tables in my living room, but I couldn't wait.  I've only got one coat of poly on the after table top and it's going to get several more, plus drawer liners, but here they are:


The photo below gives a good idea of the condition of the top - very icky.


I think I'm in love...


The coffee table has some deep scratches but I have my fingers crossed I can get them out - if not, it will get painted (but that would be a shame, wouldn't it?)

10 comments:

Mel said...

They are just perfect for your space. What an amazing deal! I love the heft of the table and you did a great job on the table top. Wow, I'm so impressed. What is the white that you used on the bottom? It's really nice.

Hope you have a wonderful stay-cation and I'm looking forward to all three tables together.

Cheryl said...

Stunning transformation!!!

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful! As always, you did a terrific job! I love seeing your projects!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Tracy ~
Those are beautiful!!!

Tracy said...

Tracy, you got a steal girl! I bet you ran before he could change his mind LOL You did a great job on it...too cute!

Tracy said...

BTW enjoy your stay-cation!

Tina said...

Beautiful! You did a fantastic job! I have an end table similar to yours...You've inspired me to pull it out of the garage and get to work on it!
Thank you for sharing!

Amy Chalmers said...

Well I have to come by and thank you for your comment on my french table (the one with the marble top). I think you should come back and look at my comments, because my decorator friend Betsy left YOU a comment there in regards to your not liking the marble top! You go girl!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh it is wonderful! We love the beat up look I am not so sure you would have to paint the coffee table, can't wait to the whole set done!

Carol

Anonymous said...

I love these. I have been looking for a set just like these.

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...