I started with some wood which I gave to my dad with some vague instructions on Thanksgiving, and a week later he handed me this:
Perfect. Thanks dad! I sanded it a bit and stained it, put some pads on the bottom and then started playing around with filling it, which turned out to be challenging. While Anita used fresh greens and lots of candles, the majority of my greens are faux, with just a few real ones tucked in for variety, and a central candle. I looked around a couple nurseries for fresh clippings and just didn't find what I wanted, so I pulled apart a couple of swags from Michaels and did my best. I still may add a few candles.
I used natural elements like the pine cones but also added some glittery picks and ornaments for sparkle. I found that the key to success was having a lot of greens with different textures and tones, making sure that some had a trailing effect, and then piling everything else in til it looked like too much, and taking just a little out. I haven't taken time to set the table as I'm still painting the legs, but as you can barely see in my photos, I refinished the table top. Hopefully the whole room reveal will happen before next Christmas.
Have a great week! I am linking up to Metamorphosis Monday and The Sunday Showcase.