Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Year In Review

I am borrowing this idea from my blog friend Mel at Junkin Junky, who recently posted a review of her projects for the year. She was right, I did more than I thought.  I started off 2011 by painting my sink backsplash in chalkboard paint:


I learned from Miss Mustardseed  how to work with dropcloth, and recovered my ottoman:


And made some ruffly pillows:


And curtains.


Then painted a shelf white, just leaving the top in a natural wood tone.  This would be a recurring theme for me in 2011.


Before I got on a roll with painting, I made a basket liner:


But then I painted my armoire:


And got my dad to build some shelves to fit inside:


And then I just got crazy painting.  A little kitchen shelf unit given to me by my friend Donna:


A cute little drysink also from Donna:


A pair of end tables from Craigslist:


A coffee table to match the end tables:


A pine hutch from my friend Donna:


A little bookshelf I've had for years:


My antique vanity:


Taking a short break from the big projects, I made over a picture frame into a chalkboard, converted an electric candelabra to hold candles, and white-washed a picnic basket:


Then got started on my crazy beautiful french provincial dining room furniture.  Started on the server:


Got sidetracked and painted a dresser to use as a stand-in mantel for the upcoming holidays:


Painted a plate rack I got from my friend Michelle:


In my most popular post of the year, I took on Big Frenchy, the enormous china cabinet that is part of the dining room suite:


Got my dad to build me a centerpiece box, inspired by Anita at Far Above Rubies:


Got some help from my daughter finishing up the table and chairs:


Made a chair wreath (yes, still 3 more to do!)


For me that is quite a year.  I am not sure how I'm going to follow that up in 2012, but I plan to continue making my home a comfy little place.  I hope to be inspired by you and maybe inspire you in return.  Thanks for following along!

Linking up at Show & Tell Friday, Potpourri Friday and Feathered Nest Friday.  Happy weekend!

8 comments:

Mel said...

You are a painting fiend! You really did do a lot this year, I'm tired just looking at it all.

You friends have given you some great pieces and you have made them shine.

Shine on in 2012!

Unknown said...

Lovely! So glad I found you- we are very "in sync". (Except that you seem to actually finish projects!)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

You had some very beautiful projects Tracy. Looking forward to seeing lots more. Wishing you all the best in the coming year.

Michelle said...

Your home is lovely. Can't wait to see what you come up with next year

Sibel-ish said...

You've done quite a lot of hard work this year it seems. I wish a creative, productive and inspiring new year. Happy New Year:)

Sharon said...

Just found your blog this evening...love what I see...and can't wait to see what you do in 2012! I'm your newest follower. Stop by and visit me sometime!
Sharon

Honey at 2805 said...

You have had a year of fabulous projects! What a great recap post!

Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Fantastic projects~ Love them! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...