I decided to remove the wiring on the old brass and crystal candelabra I picked up at the flea market last week. Taking off the cracked old fake candles and cutting off the cord went great.
From there I found that I had to unscrew the candle cups, remove the lamp bolts that held the fake candles on, and replace them with shorter bolts (I found these in a variety pack in the lamp section at Lowe's, where they are called steel nipples... let's just call them bolts, shall we?) The shorter bolts hold the cup on but allow me to insert a candle in the top of the cup. Tapers are a little big around for the cups but I shaved the ends down and that seemed to work. I feel pretty smart for figuring all that out. One problem remains.
Do you see it? Try not to be distracted by the pretty crystals.
I know you can see it now, I can and my vision is awful.
Just can't get that one unscrewed. I'm taking this problem to my dad when I go visit my parents on Sunday. I predict he will probably have this apart in 30 seconds. I just can't seem to do it even with WD40. So that is my story for today. I've been playing more with my tripod since my middle daughter is home now and showed me how to extend the legs all the way. She took a photography class in school so she knows some stuff that she should probably teach me.
My oldest daughter was here for a week visiting and she brought home some fresh herb plants to make a meal with, so I potted those up in my back window. I'm not usually good with herbs, or anything in small pots really as they seem to dry out faster than I can remember to water them.
But they are pretty for now. Hope you are having a good week!
Linking up to My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday and to 2805 Potpourri Friday.