Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goodwill Shelf Project


A short time ago, I bought this little shelf at Goodwill. I think the style of it sort of indicates 1970's or early 80's "colonial" decor. I think it was handmade.

I primed and painted it, then tried sanding down the edges for a worn look. This does not work so well when you've got gray primer. I had to sand through the primer and then touch up the black, which was sort of a pain, but now I know for next time not to prime the edges.

Yesterday I put on a couple coats of polyacrylic, and now it's finished.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Totally love your shelf! Great job. Isn't it great when you fix it up yourself and can say, "I made that!" So glad the cookies were a hit. I am going to have to make more really soon. They go so fast! Amy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...