Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Cabinet

Several years ago, I bought a little Victor stereo cabinet at a yard sale. It was dull cherry and the veneer was chipped off in spots, so I got it for $5. I used it in my old house as an occasional table with a lace cloth over it, then when I moved I had no room, so I gave it to my mom to try and sell in her antique stand. No takers on it for $20, so I got it back when she retired, and I was using it for a TV table until shortly before I got the armoire. Then I decided to paint it black. As I was doing that, it became clear to me what I was supposed to do with it. I put new knobs on and lined the inside with contact paper. It does not really fit perfectly in my current bathroom, but I think it will in the new house. Here it is:

Guess what is under it? My cat's litterbox. I think I'm going to make a little skirt for it that hangs inside the legs, to cover up the box. I'm really glad no one bought this table.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...