Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Playing with my toys

Thank you to anyone who came by and looked at my Year in Review post yesterday. It's kind of strange to know at least a few people have looked at my blog, I've always been a bit of a loner so I'm used to talking to myself! But thanks to all who came and saw, and particularly to those who left such nice encouraging comments.

Today is the last of my vacation, I go back to work Friday after the holiday, so this morning I drove 30 miles to check out a few used furniture stores in an adjoining county, in horrendous winds. Part of the time it was snowing sideways, but nothing laid on the ground, it was too windy for anything to land. So, all that and I found nothing, not one single item with even minor potential at a reasonable price. How disappointing, after the good clearance sale run I've been having this week! And when I got back, my wreath and doormat had blown several yards away and one of my patio cushions is nowhere to be found.

So, what is a girl to do but play with all her new toys? I picked up these caramel colored plates at Pier One (4 of them for less than $5), and I think they transform my new Christmas plates into a nice Fall table setting. Ugh, please ignore my flatware, it's old and ugly, plus I apparently knocked it off kilter before I took the picture. I have been looking at new flatware but I have not fallen in love just yet.


TJ Maxx had the black and white toile plates again, this time I got 4 big ones, so now I have 4 dinner and 1 salad in the same pattern and 2 salad in a totally different pattern. Plus I found the plate rack for $5.


I kind of like the mix and match look anyway. I have a white plate that is a perfect size to create a thin white band between the 2 plates.


My daughter laughed at my sparkly reindeer. I think she believes I've lost it.


Maybe I have. I can't fit any more ornaments on my tree, but that did not stop me from buying loads of them on clearance.


And I think it's time to admit I have a problem. Must.... stop.... buying.... SHINY STUFF!!

I can't help it, I got these 3 new shiny things (jar on left, jar in front, tree topper on right) for less than $6 each. That is a lot of sparkly goodness for not a lot of money. But I guess it's looking a little bit over the top. I promise to display it better next year. It would be great if I could get a mantel by then.


Well, that is enough for today, but I still have more stuff, plus I have some things on hold at Tuesday Morning (half off sale on clearance priced items Friday and Saturday).

2 comments:

akawest said...

Shopping for shiny things is what makes life fun. Happy New Year. May you find 2009 filled with everything that brings you joy.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog because of Cindy's end of year review.

You have some lovely stuff - may 2009 bring you everything you wish for and good luck with the new home. I'm doing the same!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...