Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just contemplating a couple ideas

I love this tin, my daughter gave it to me a couple years ago and I want to build an entire sewing room around it. I don't have the luxury of a sewing room, I will one day when the girls have moved out, but I'm in no rush for that. So perhaps a sewing cabinet. I'm thinking that might work.

I bought a set of pretty white plates and my cloche fits perfectly on one, but I don't have a single thing that looks good inside it. I bought a little nest on Etsy, I'm waiting for that to come and I hope it's big enough that it won't look lost in there.


I bought this urn for $4 on clearance at Tuesday Morning. I'm thinking ivy, so I sat it in the only spot where ivy has ever grown successfully in my apartment and now I just need to go buy an ivy plant. I can't wait to have a sunroom.


I also bought this rooster on clearance at Tuesday Morning, for $9. He's made out of cement or something, he's really big and quite heavy. He's on top of my armoire. He's the perfect height but he looks a bit lonely. Nothing else I've tried looks right though, so I'm still thinking about that one.


I have a few projects in the planning stages, now that Winter Break is over and my daughter is going back to college for Spring Semester, I guess I can take that as a sign it's time to get to work.

1 comment:

Nicole ~ said...

Tracy that is such a cute tin, what a special gift. And, that white plate is breathtaking, did you get it at Tuesday Morning as well? I have an addiction to white plates, pitchers, platters, etc. It looks like you got some great deals, don’t you just love it when you find those??

By the way, I have tagged you on my blog. This was my first tag, and I am not sure if I did it correctly or not. I cannot wait for your next post, I always enjoy them.

Have a great evening.

Nicole~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...