Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Eating Right

Almost every year I make a resolution to lose weight. Sometimes I do, and I can lose a lot of weight until the Easter candy turns up in the stores (have you noticed it's already out?? What is up with that?) Other times I give up in 3 days, rationalizing Ok, so I'm fat, at least I'm healthy and still pretty young, so it's ok... Well, I am not all that young anymore and this year I started noticing BAD KNEES. Not just creaky and crackly, but painful, so that is a problem. Particularly when I'm moving to a 3 story house. So, I am moving to a healthier lifestyle, including cooking healthy meals. One thing I found that is really good and ridiculously good for you is 'Weight Watchers Zero Points Soup'. I found many recipes for it online, and apparently you can use just about any "free" vegetable from the Weight Watchers plan and it's still fine.


Mine has tons of vegetables in it, the base is 6 cups of vegetable broth, an onion and 2 cloves of garlic. You boil that and add other chopped up vegetables, cook 10 minutes and it's done. I added a half head of cabbage, a sweet red pepper, 4 celery stalks, a couple carrots, a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower, a can of diced tomatoes, a couple tablespoons of tomato paste, some fresh spinach and some fresh parsley. Last week I made it and ate it all week long, with lunch, as an afternoon snack, even at night when I got the munchies, and I never felt like I was depriving myself because it was so good. So of course, this week I made it again. I changed the ingredients up a little bit and hopefully I won't get tired of it, because it's AMAZING.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...