Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Well, this is not so great, but I'm working on it. I had a shelf up above my TV before and some of these things were on that, but I'm either tired of looking at them or this just looks tired. I did pot my dark purple sweet potato vine cutting (on the left side of the old box), but it's not going to get enough light there, so that is probably going to get moved.

I was looking around and realized I have LOADS of things all over (ok, maybe mostly junk). This is my dining room hutch. I bought this hutch at a yard sale about 8 years ago for $5. It had been stripped but the back veneer panels came up a little and the guy decided he didn't want to bother with refinishing it. I just stained and polyurethaned it, and it looks pretty good.

Most of the stuff on here I have had for 20 years. I used to go to auctions all the time, so some of it comes from there, the plates are from my mom, who collects blue willow and has tons of it - these are reproduction, most of hers are old. Some of this stuff I made in ceramics class in the 80's (you could tell if you looked close, so I should probably get rid of it).

This is a pie safe that I bought a couple months ago at Zern's, which is kind of a flea market/ farmers market that is open every Friday and Saturday. This started me on my black furniture kick. I also bought the shelf above it at a similar market called Green Dragon, which is just open Friday nights. The display "stuff" here is also not thrilling me, but again, I've had most of it forever, so I suppose I just need to work in some new things.

I've been looking at other blogs and I realized that my photography is pretty bad. I just got the camera 2 weeks ago for my birthday (from my totally awesome kids), so I sort of have an excuse. I will try to get better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...