Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008


Model Home, originally uploaded by tracyleighb.

I still have not heard anything about the mortgage, but I went to the model today anyway and took some photos, which I am posting here using the cool mosaic photo tool that Cindy was kind enough to tell everyone else how to access. I mentioned Cindy in my last post, hers is my favorite blog.

The model home pictured here has mostly the same layout as my home will, but there are several options that are different. My carpeting is chocolate brown, I do not have any wood floors, I will have linoleum flooring in the entry, kitchen, and bathrooms (for financial reasons, obviously I would prefer wood). I will have dark cherry cabinets in the kitchen with black appliances and gray/black/white speckled counterops. I don't have the stair rails and spindles, I will have half-walls so my blind cat does not fall through the holes. This one is also an end unit so there are a couple windows on the sides I won't have, but I still have 14 windows which seems like plenty to me.

I plan to paint the walls from the entry all the way up through the living area and up the steps to the bedroom level hallway in a caramel color. I want to put a brick red accent wall in the dining area, and the downstairs bath maybe robins egg blue. I will probably paint the master bedroom a soft gray-green.

Two of my daughters are in the living room photo, they went along to see the house. Steph is standing on the left, she's the oldest and she's in grad school, and Dani is seated on the right, she's the youngest and in high school. Mandy, my middle daughter, is away at Penn State U.

While I always wanted a huge old rambling Victorian style farmhouse, I do like this house alot. It's bright and not too big for me to live in alone (in a few years) or too small to live with 1 and a half daughters (for now). Also, it's very energy efficient and will be relatively easy to maintain, which I would never get in an older home.

Do I sound like I'm talking myself into it? I'm not sure, but I think I will be excited if I do get it, but if I don't, I will take it as a sign that I need to wait a little longer and look for an older house.

Before we went to look at the house, we went to Zern's to get some fruits and veggies. I also bought 2 white plates with a cutwork border for $1 each. They had lots of mums and Halloween decorations for sale, but I resisted, at least for a couple more weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...