Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pretty Good Junk

So my mom bailed out on going to the flea market with me (too cold) and I wasn't going to go, but it was just too nice out to stay in the house painting, and I am usually working on Wednesdays when the flea market is going on.  Although I got a rather late start, I found some pretty junk to bring home with me.


I've been keeping my eye out for a dozen or so pieces of silverware to display in my kitchen, and though 81 pieces is way more than I had in mind, I really liked this set and so I bought it.  I think I got a pretty good deal on it but I'll have to ask my mom to be sure.  And if I got ripped off I can blame her for not coming along. :)


The military type guy who sold me this box said the ATF would be at my door if the contents were still in the box, so I made sure it was empty when I bought it.  I'm not sure the guy would have sold it to me if he knew what I had in mind for his super macho box.


 But it makes a DYNAMITE dish caddy, doesn't it? 


I love vacation.

5 comments:

Vignettes said...

Fabulous finds...

Rachael said...

I wish there were flea markets like that near me! Love all of them, I really think you have amazing taste in interiors.Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

Little Penpen said...

Tracy, your mom probably kicked herself for not going! Good finds! Your silverware is gorgeous and I love the pretty feminine dishes inside the very rustic box!

Blondie's Journal said...

Ha! You are funny! I LOVE old silver and collect it wherever I go. I have so many mismatched pieces and it keeps growing!! You made out like a bandit!!

XO,
Jane

Lisa said...

I love your finds - the silver, the box and the blue ball jar - LOVE them!! I agree with the commenter above, you do have amazing taste and an eye for decor. I wouldn't have thought of using the wood box to hold the dishes but it's beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...