Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Front Yard Gardening

I have a tiny yard between my driveway and the neighbors, which had a lot of weeds and little actual grass.  My daughter Manda got me motivated to do something about it, so we expanded the garden into the lawn several feet. Then I had the idea to put in a stacked stone wall, and decided to go even further out into the yard.  This shows our first dig and the pile of stones that was delivered:


A few evening hours of hard work, some heavy rocks, about 1200 pounds of dirt, and some haphazardly chosen plants later, it's looking much better.


I'm going to put an evergreen near the door to disguise the gas meter, and I still have to dig out around the light pole... I have some magic bean seeds to put in there, hoping to get a few vines to grow up the ugly pole and make it pretty. View from the window:


Can't wait til it fills in!  What do you think, should I dig out the rest and go for a two-tiered garden, or try to get some grass to grow?

Hope you all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Mel said...

I have no advise as I know nothing about gardening, but wow, it looks marvellous!

I love the rock wall.

Shirley said...

It looks wonderful. You really did a great job. What and improvement!!!

Michelle said...

Great job. It turned out great.

Unknown said...

Love what you've done. Lots of hard work, but it really pretty!

Rachael said...

What a difference! I love doing things in the garden, it's so therapeutic and satisfying.Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

Sibel-ish said...

Now, it looks perfect! What about having some roses for the pole?
Can't wait to see the improvement:)

tearinguphouses said...

normally i like grass, but i vote for the two tiered garden! so jealous you're getting outside to do yard work. i feel like i'm missing out on all of the beautiful weather!

Unknown said...

It looks so pretty! I think a little bit of grass is nice. I look forward to seeing the future improvements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...