Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Waiting out the heat


Hot enough for ya? I feel like I've barely left the house except to get in the car and go someplace else that has air conditioning. I'm sooo done with summer right now and ready for my favorite season - FALL.  I wish my deck plants still looked like this, but they just fried in the nasty heat we've had all summer and are barely hanging on with twice daily watering.


I have been working on a big project but have been both busy and lazy, so there is not much to show just yet. I'm painting this:

 
I'm nearly done with it but my youngest is home from college for a week, so I have everything on hold so we can actually eat dinner at the table while she's here. With this cabinet emptied out, my kitchen was a tad cluttered. :)   Forgive me if I don't share photos of that, I took pics of some pretties instead.  Cookie?



 

Have a great week, and stay cool!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe your painting that beautiful hutch. But I can't wait to see the after pics. Mmm. Those cookies look so good. Have a nice day!

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

I know what you mean, we have had 18 days in a row of triple digit temps. It was the hottest, driest July on record for us, and it looks like August is not going to be any better. Everything is dead and ugly, and the heat is just exhausting. I have soooo many projects "on hold" waiting for cooler weather.
Just enjoy your time with your girls whenever you get a chance!
I am so in love with your chest and mirror, I think you should consider it a successful summer if you don't do another thing!

Mel said...

I feel your pain :)

Whenever I get in a slump like this, I panic and think that I've lost my mojo. Ha ha.

Fall is my favourite season too.

Stacey said...

You have everything looking so pretty. :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy the time with your youngest! Can't wait to see what you've been up to~*

http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

When You're Sixty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, I painted my china cabinet a bout 3 years ago...A lot of work, but oh so worth it!!

Carol

Mel said...

Hey Tracy! Haven't seen you around in a while.

I hope you are keeping well and your absence is not because of something awful :(

Tricia said...

Time for some updates, Tracy! I'm missing your motivation! Push me, push me, push me...I need your help!

Jenn from A Pop of Style said...

I'm so ready for fall too... and my deck plants look pooped as well haha. Cute table books! Checkout my latest post if you get a chance, it was Menswear Wednesday today, and follow if you like!

-Jenn

http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...