Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Clearance Sales

Christmas was really nice this year. We celebrated with my parents, my brothers and their families on Christmas Eve, and my parents always give me cash as well as a few nice gifts. I had to work on Friday after Christmas, but I went to Marshalls on my lunch hour and got a few nice things on clearance. This lovely little lady in red came with 2 of her sisters. I'm sure she feels a bit out of place among my more homey ornaments, but next year I'll find them an appropriate spot in the new house.

There were four pretty little sugar white pears.


A pair of velvety chocolate brown ornaments, one shown here with a mercury glass leaf from Target, where I went Friday night for more clearance shopping.



I had started with just one set of 4 dinner plates from Target in the Snowfall Splendor pattern, but they were a little more than I wanted to spend so I didn't originally buy any other pieces. On clearance, everything was 50% off, so I bought another full set of plates, 2 sets of salad plates, and 4 each of the cups and bowls. So I have enough to set the table for 4 with full settings, and also extra plates if I have more than 4 for dinner.


I love the metal filigree leaves, I got 3 different kinds. What I really love about the dinnerware pattern is that it is not Christmas themed, so I will probably use it throughout the winter season. Next year if I have Thanksgiving at my house, I can use it then. I bought multiple other things at Target on clearance, here is a pretty brown glass bird that holds a candle. He's sitting on top of a short silver candle pillar that matches the tall one behind it, and there is a mercury glass one on the right, all bought on clearance at Target.

There is more, but I'll save it for later. And I still have money left to spend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...